Friday, January 18, 2008

since i've typed such a lengthy and agitated post [but definitely true] about my despicable school yesterday, i guess i'll take a break today. Please don't be mistaken, my love for the school shall remain at such, where its magnitude stands at zero. or maybe ten, because i like the students and most of the teachers. most.


MdmSim [the big sim] basically spent the whole period of geography with 4F and 4L, taking in our opinions about the compulsory purchasing of the calendar and other issues like our pitiful handbook. Mdm Sim's efforts are greatly appreciated, but as an educator she has to give us alternate opinions about certain issues, so we are still not convinced. Our opinions greatly differ. We don't get it. I'll save the angered thoughts for myself, but no complaints about Mdm Sim at all, she loves us anyway :D


______________________________________________________
We have a vertically challenged but interesting and egoistic HISTORY teacher that'll be taking us for four lessons till the monday two weeks later. he is absolutely hilarious. He's of my height, and while we were cheering about how wonderful it was to not have our history teacher for the day, he cleared his throat and announced "don't think you're clever, and that i'm not qualified to teach you. I am experienced, thus teaching history is so simple to me, I know the system so well. 15 years ago, i retired from my title of assistant director of MOE, and I have studied in four universities on SCHOLARSHIPS, to the great harvard, singapore, manchester and [i forgot] I am actually clever." what an ego. Baochuan, kaikai, Riane, Vivian and I were laughing throughout the lesson [along with the majority of the class].

As he went on about how PAP was formed and defined communism for us, he sidetracked and told us "35 minutes is not enough, I used to give lectures at universities and they paid me 600 dollars an hour. I talked for hours there." Occasionally, he would waggle his finger at us and go "I tell you....". Controlling of laughter would be impossible here. I am not trying to be rude, I just can't help it. He probably thinks I'm a girl who thinks I'm "clever just because I can hire any tutor and thus i don't need to learn in school. I won't learn anything like that, its not the correct attitude of learning".

He then came back to the topic about PAP, and as he talked about lee kuan yew [sounding as though he knew him very well], edmundtan raised his hand and asked, "teacher! leekuanyew your friend ah?" The answer seems to be no, since LKY was from RI and he was from ACSI. They're just the same age. Laugh out loud. Lastly, he has a vision...

"I HAVE A VISION, that China would be the most powerful country in the world. When that time comes, i'll KILL YOU if you don't speak chinese" we are so totally laughing at the "I HAVE A VISION speech", that was an enlightening lesson.

i feel he is a fine teacher, albeit too egoistic, he has what it takes to be an educator. If only he would not sidetrack so much...
___________________________________________________


The rest of the day passed away like a gust of wind, It was no time before Choir ended. Our welcome party is to be held on Monday, while other ccas had theirs today. The Sops had sectionals in 2B and slacked off the best we could, doing the most retarded actions you've ever seen. It wasn't productive, but we still managed to go through all of the songs once or twice. Our olomouc trip would cost around 2500 bucks, don't even get me started on how nice the school was. Mrbentan totally rocks, he really rocks! Went down the hill with Riane and Godwin,





Today's none other than FRI-DAY, so riane and I are eating fries again! Coincidentally, Leongying, bella and chuinchi were there too, and they got pretty much amazed with the fact that we take two sauces of each kind. Leongying even got to taking countless pictures of them, send them to me okay! :D they're at her blog lol. Twister fries, French fries and nuggets fill us to the brim, and it makes us do stupid things as well~ for more details about the frenchfries chronicles, please refer to JANUARY 11th post [click archives]

-looks at pangsai sister kaikai- LOL. i won't be revealing contents of our message conversations ;D


I'll just end here.

17 jan
anon: HAHA ya lor
{so are you GB's friend -.- sian sial you stopped giving me clues so its difficult for me to find out, and i'm a busy woman lately, continue to give me clues while i take some time to figure.}

YiHao: CALM DOWN
{LOL okay -calms down-, the post is at its improved version now, or does it really make much of a difference ~.~}

nia
: woots! you go girl! (: thanks, btw, me better now.
{haha woots! :D you go girl too yay! :D yup you seem much better today ;D how was welcome party for dance?}

anqi
: i saw that guy today too! his artworks are lyk damn cool! (X
anqi
: omg yea yea yea i so totally agree with yr 10 pts! yaay!
{he's so cool right! 8) damn cool la please, yes OF COURSE, i bet everybody agrees, even our very cool educators :D}

18 jan
ashley
: HELLOEMMA! using e sch com now and i m logged into a weird person acc called neo yan han! :X nvm i am just too bored
{HELLO ASHLEYYYYY! lol who's that man o.O have fun, what lesson are you having OMG LOL}

Cutie
: im loving sec 4 life! haha. 3 big events so far already! (:
{that's good for you, unfortunately not for me. So what are the 3 big events? (: what pieces are you playing for cultural nite, anyway :D}

No comments: